The part of the lovage rhizome slice has a a bitter taste, with a subtly sweet aftertaste. This herb is often used in combination with other powerful herbs. A commonly used combination is with Tao Ren (peach kernal), Hong Hua (safflower) and Dang Gui ( angelica root).
CHINESE FOUR HERBS (Sibut Soup)
- Always rinse the dried herbs in water
- 2 lbs bone-in skin-on organic free range chicken
- Parboil the chicken and then get rid of the scum
- Place chicken, 6 cups of water, and herb : 10 gr Shu Di (Rehmannia Glutinosa), 5 gr Dong Quay (Angelica Simensis), 5 gr Dang Shen (Radix Codonopsis), 4 pcs Chuen Gong (Lovage Rhizome Slice), in a pot. Bring to a boil and then slowly simmer for 1 hour
- Add the goji berries last. Season with salt to taste
- Few sprigs of fresh cilantro leave and 1 stalk green onion thinly sliced for garnishes
Country of Origin: China
Product Storage & Expiry: Keep refrigerated.
Precaution: If you are pregnant or undertaking medications please consult with your physician before consuming.