Peranakan Flavour: Dry Curry Prawns With OhhSambal
Oct 04,2022 | Chai Huat Hin Online
A robust Peranakan dish that is made easy using Makev Kitchen's OhhSambal. Made from a unique blend of dried chilli, fresh chilli, dried shrimps and fresh herbs with just the right spiciness. This recipe is made for new cooks who and anyone who wants to make a delicious meal without having to make sambal from scratch!
Get the ingredients from our online store www.chaihuathin.com and we'll deliver them to you!
- 8 XL sized prawns
- 6 - 8 tbsp of OhhSambal
- 1/2 tsp tumeric powder
- 2 tbsp seafood curry powder
- 2 sprigs of curry leaves
- 2 lime leaves
- 200g thick coconut milk (Kara or Ampawa coconut milk is fine as well)
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Finely julienned lime leaves and red chilli
- Heat up 2 tbsp of oil in a frying pan, add OhhSambal, curry powder, and tumeric powder. Stir-fry for while on low heat till fragrant.
- Add curry leaves and lime leaves, mix well with sambal paste.
- Add in prawns, stir fry till prawns are half cook.
- Add coconut milk, mix it well with the prawns and sambal paste.
- Cover and let it simmer on low heat for 2-3 minutes or till prawns are cook (cooked prawns will curl up slightly).
- Add fish sauce and sugar to taste.
- Garnish with finely chopped lime leaf and red chillies.