Braised Sea Cucumber and Abalone (海参焖鲍鱼)
Jul 14,2022 | Chai Huat Hin Online
Braised Sea Cucumber & Abalone with Superior Stock
11 Ingredients | Serves 5
Sea cucumber & Abalone
- 1 can of 5 pieces abalone. 1罐5头鲍鱼
- 6 pieces of soaked sea cucumber. 海参6个（浸）
- Few slices of ginger. 几片姜
- Few sections of spring onions. 一点葱
Superior stock (1.5L)
- 400 g chicken leg, blanched. 400克鸡腿
- 300 g lean pork meat, blanched. 300克豬瘦肉
- 1.5 L of water. 水1.5L
- 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce. ½ 汤匙蚝油
- 1/2 tsp dark soy sauce. ½ 湯匙老抽
- 1 tsp sugar. 1茶匙糖
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil. ¼茶匙芝麻油
- 1.5 cup of superior broth
- 2 tbsp of cornstarch. 2 湯匙玉米粉
- ½ tsp Chinese rice wine. ½茶匙米酒
- 1 broccoli, chopped into florets and blanched. 1个西兰花
To Make Superior Stock:
- Place blanched chicken, lean pork, ham, and water into the slow cooker.
- Cook on HIGH for one hour. Then cook on LOW for another 5 hours.
- Strain the liquid and discard ingredients, leaving only the broth.
- Leave 1.5 cup of soup for making the sauce.Pour the remaining broth into small containers to freeze.
Braise Sea Cucumber
- Add sea cucumber, ginger, and white sections of spring onions into the pot. Pour in enough water to cover sea cucumber.
- Bring to a boil and braise until softens. Alternatively, place it in the slow-cooker/thermal cooker to cook overnight.
- Steam abalone in the rice cooker or wok for 2 hours.
- Add 1.5 cup of superior stock, abalone sauce, abalone pieces, sea cucumber, and seasoning.
- Bring to a boil. Then simmer, covered, until broth thicken and both sea cucumber and abalone softens.
- Slowly add cornstarch slurry to thicken broth.
- Pour in 1/2 tablespoon of Chinese rice wine
- Arrange sea cucumber, abalone, and broccoli on the plate.
- Pour sauce over and serve hot.
All the ingredients used in this recipe, excluding vegetables, can be bought online at our website: www.chaihuathin.com
We’ve also included a hyperlink for each product so you can immediately add them into your cart!