Peach gum is the resin from peach and Chinese wild peach trees, already solidified when it is found. As detailed in classical Chinese medical literature, its curative qualities include solving urinal infections, thirst-quenching and relieving stress.
Not only used frequently by doctors of Traditional Chinese Medicine, peach gum is also a natural and healthy food rich in amino acid, which allows collagen to be quickly absorbed into the human body. (Source: Michelin Guide)
Ingredients (serves 2-3 pax):
- Peach Gum 桃胶
- Red Dates 新疆贡枣
- Xue Yan 雪燕
*Raw Almonds for homemade almond milk not included. You can purchase them here*
1) Soak peach gum in water overnight or until they expand and soften. Soak Xue Yan for approximately 6 hours.
2) Remove the hard black bits from the peach resin (those are remnants of tree barks)
3) Place in red dates and Xue Yan in a slow cooker with the almond milk (Homemade almond milk recipe here). Boil on LOW for 8 hours, or HIGH for 4 hours.
4) Remove dates from the cooker.
5) Then add in peach resin. Let it simmer for another 25 minutes.
*PREGNANCY: If you are pregnant or undertaking medications please consult with your physician before consuming. 如果您正在怀孕或正在服药，请在食用前咨询您的医生。