20 Minutes Meal: Pumpkin Porridge with Snow Fungus.
We've all probably had pumpkin porridge when we eat out but how many of us have actually tried making this at home? It's almost a norm in Korea where aesthetic doctors would encourage patients to have more pumpkin to help reduce swelling after a surgery / aesthetic procedure. It’s sweet, nutty, and velvety texture makes it a perfect comfort food!
All the ingredients used in this recipe, excluding poultry and vegetable, can be bought online at our website. We’ve also included a hyperlink for each product so you can immediately add them into your cart!
INGREDIENTS (Serves 2-3 pax):
- 200g Pumpkin
- 300g Soft Lean Pork Meat
- 5 - 6 pcs Dried Korean Oyster (L)
- 10g Gojiberry
- 2-3 pcs Zhang Zhou Premium White Fungus
- 1 cup Frozen Rice (Wash & Freeze)
- Sesame Oil (Optional)
- 2 TBS Seasoning Wine
- 2 TBS Soy Sauce
- 1.5 TBS Corn Starch
1) Preparing Rice: Rinse and wash the rice as usual. Place in 1 tsp of cooking oil and 1 tsp of salt, mix them thoroughly. Place them in the freezer.
2) Marinate Pork Meat: Slice up the pork meat according to your preference, and marinate it at least an hour before with seasoning wine, salt, pepper, and soy sauce.
3) Cooking the Porridge with a Pressure Cooker:
- Place the rice, sliced pumpkin, and marinated pork meat in the pressure cooker.
- Add in 1 - 1.5 Litre of water. If you prefer a watery texture you can add in more water.
- Set the timer and setting for cooking porridge according to your pressure cooker.
- Once it's done, season it with salt and pepper according to your preference and it's ready to be served!
4) Cooking the Porridge with a Pot:
- Place in 2.5 litre of water into the pot with the dried oysters and marinated meat, let it boil.
- Once the water boils place in the rice and pumpkin slices. Let them boil for another 10 - 15 minutes.
- Place in the snow fungus, gojiberry. Let them boil for another 10 minutes
- Season with salt, pepper and sesame oil before serving!